01 July 2009

El fin del viaje- viaje


¡Hola todos!

I would like to let those of you who still read this silly blog know that as of today I'm off on my end of the semester trip. I will be flying up to Arica, Chile (every time I see that name I still think Africa haha). But anyway, this is the northernmost city in Chile, and therefore, located in the desert. It's on the coast and apparently enjoys sunny, warm weather year- round, so I'm hoping to encounter some beach days there (an escape from the winter that has suddenly hit Santiago). From there I will be crossing the boarder to Tacna, Perú and slowly make my way towards Macchu Picchu by way of Arequipa and Cuzco (all by bus). From there we will be heading back to Arica for a day in order to fly back to Santiago the night of the 9th (since a bus to Arica from the captial is 28 hours, and I don't believe I could sustain that amount of time sitting). So while the ultimate goal is Macchu Picchu, I'm hoping to see some other pretty cool things along the way. In the true fashion of procrastination (I'm supposed to be finishing my final trabajo de investigación), I've prepared some posts that will go up during my trip of some interesting things around Santiago. So stay tuned, and I'll be seeing everyone in about 15 days !
xoxo-- besos y abrazos-- Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment